Law Office of
FREDERIC J. WARNER
When You Need a Gladiator to Defend and Protect
If a loved one is facing juvenile criminal charges in California, you need to seek the advice of an experienced and aggressive. The Law Office of Frederic J. Warner can evaluate your case and provide you with the knowledge and experience that is crucial when defending your child. He is one of a select group of attorneys on the Juvenile panel with expertise and a solid working relationship with the juvenile court judges.
A juvenile offender is a person under the age of 18 who commits any specific act prohibited by law. While it is understood that certain acts such as theft, robbery, assault, murder etc. are obviously against the law, juveniles are also subject to additional laws such as truancy and curfews.
If you are suspected of committing a juvenile crime and are confronted by police, you must remain calm and invoke your rights. Remember the following:
- If you have not been arrested, you do not have to submit to a search
- Do not resist arrest
- Respectfully decline to answer any questions and do not volunteer any information regarding the incident.
- Insist that an attorney be present before answering any questions
- Do not discuss your case with anyone other than your attorney
- Juveniles remanded to ADULT court proceedings. These categories are for offenders that have committed crimes considered serious and violent such as rape, arson, murder etc. They may be transferred to the adult court system to be tried as an adult. The courts will hold a “fitness hearing” to determine whether or not the case will be transferred to superior court and tried as an adult. During the initial phase, it is crucial that you have an experience juvenile criminal defense attorney present who knows and understand the juvenile system and can convince a judge that you should remain under the jurisdiction of the juvenile court.
- Informal Probationers and Status Offenders. These categories are for offenders who have committed less serious crimes or crimes such as truancy, breaking curfew or incorrigibility and, if they were over the age of majority, would not be considered illegal.
The Law Office of Frederic J. Warner will employ an aggressive defense and can often reduce or dismiss the charges against you or in the alternative, negotiate a favorable case settlement. In many cases, a conviction will not automatically require going into detention in a juvenile facility. There are many forms of alternative sentencing that may be available to you. The Law Office of F. Warner will make sure that all alternative sentencing options are presented to the judge.
It is vital that you choose an attorney who combines experience with a great track record, a thorough understanding and familiarity with the law and the local courts, and a commitment to each and every client. The Law Office of Frederic J. Warner has successfully represented numerous clients charged with juvenile crimes throughout California.
CLIENT INTAKE PRACTICE AREAS OFFICE LOCATION
16501 Ventura Blvd.
Encino, CA 94136
Encino, CA 94136